Friday, January 23, 2009

Tis the End


Well, it is the end of our stay in California. We have been staying in Carpinteria CA for the past 3 days. This will be our 3rd night and going on 4th day here. Ben has been able to surf right outside of our campsite each day and I have been catching up on reading while lounging in a chair watching my husband. Each morning I wake up to dolphins playing and eating, otters munching food on their backs, and pelicans swooping through the surf. It will feel very weird once we cross the state border and head towards the middle of the country where there is no ocean. Although we have longed for the east coast for too long and it is time. We will be back someday ready and willing to take on all of these places that we have been before. Soon I will get to spend time with my dear friend Tina whom I grew up with. She lives in Boulder CO. I am looking forward to our face to face talks over beers and good grub. I have missed her very much. 

So far, I can rate this trip a success. Next stop is Las Vegas. We found a KOA that provides modern and unique airstream campers with awesome amenities. It should be interesting. 

No comments: